Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Week 18 Bloom

"Bloom where you are planted"
That means thrive no matter where you are. Coming from a family who moved, what seemed, every 6 months, this was a good adage to live by!
Flowers are an enduring tribute to Mother Nature. Without flowers, there are no bees ... or is it the other way 'round? 
 Anyway, no matter how you look at it, flowers just make the day brighter.
My absolute favourite (this week) is Sweet Pea. It is a simple flower, with a delicate colour but the scent is a powerhouse!  I also love all the deep floral scented plants such as hyacinth, lily of the valley, fushia and any other that deceive the eye - the more delicate the flower, the more memorable the scent!
And as typical with my thought processes ... not one of my "favourites" is on my little floral montage!!

No comments:

Post a Comment