Saturday, October 6, 2012

Fall Baking


It’s about time I started blogging again! So many ideas have popped into my mind that would be good blogging stuff since May, but, obviously, I haven’t done it!
 
I will be honest.  The summer was tough. Really tough. But for the presence of the Bemuda gals and having a job, I seriously think I would have been wandering aimlessly around town. BUT the summer is done, routine is back in the forefront and all is well!
It’s Thanksgiving weekend here in beautiful Canada and I love this time of year.  It even smells good outside, with all the leaves a colourful mass of reds, golds and yellows.


It smells FAB in my kitchen as I am taking this opportunity to bake for the fancy Sunday dinner as well as fill up the freezer with goodies for school lunches.
I need to digress …. When we moved to the new casa, I thought it would be fun to have a Valetine’s cake – one of those frozen ones from DQ.  We LOVE those cakes, especially the fudgey middle part!
Bought the cake, ate some then it was time to put the rest in the freezer til the next day.  A big frozen ice cream cake is pretty big … my guess is 12” in diameter.  The outside door to my side by side freezer is 12”.  No prob. Right?  Wrong!  The inside shelf is 10” wide … barely!! We couldn’t get the cake in the freezer!!  We laughed and laughed! In the end I had to cut up the cake and put it on 3 small side plates, to get it in the freezer. Unreal!!
Back to the kitchen – It smells glorious! On the baking roster is banana bread, pumpkin brownies, pumpkin ginger cake, fruit loaf, date squares and chocolate-cranberry squares. If I have time, I’ll make a batch of chocolate cupcakes too.

I could bake all day.  Cooking is not my thing, but give me a cake recipe and I’m all over it!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment